Sunday, January 9, 2011

our first firsts..



From the day we met, to this moment right now, our friendship to relationship has been pure comedy. My number one attraction to a man has always been humor, and I've found him. All thanks for a special friend *ahemKATEYcough*. It was fate, I haven't seen my girlfriend in forever and decided to finally come out and play, and he doesn't usually go out without his boys. We both did the "out of the ordinary" that night and I'm glad we did, or else we would have never met. It took a Facebook message from him to finally get each other's numbers!

Don't you love that fuzzy feeling you get when you connect with someone? Hoping they would call or send you a text, but you don't initiate it first, afraid you might seem needy. I had my fingers crossed, hoping we didn't already categorize each other into the "Friends Zone". I was stressing myself out on w
hat I should do or say to see where we were at, rambling on and on to Katey. I had no idea he was going through the exact same thing, asking advice from his cousin.

Funny First Date..
On our first date, we went to go see the midnight showing of "The Twilight Saga: New Moon". It was frustrating picking out an outfit! HAHA! I didn't want to be too dressed up, but not too scrubby either, I wanted to look good, but not have full on club makeup. Hehe, the things and thoughts you go through on the first date.. BTW, Taylor Lautner with no shirt.. Can I please have him as dessert?
I do remember one embarassing moment we we shared quite clearly..

(Me and Matt both eating a handful of popcorn while waiting in line.)

Me:  (Takes a sip from the soda cup & continue eating popcorn.)
Matt:   (About to take a sip right after I do, but looks and pauses.)
Matt:   Umm.. Are you saving this for later? (Pointing out that there's a huge chunk of chewed-up popcorn sitting on top of the straw.)

Now, normally I wouldn't get embarassed if it was a friend, family member, or an already boyfriend.. But it was our FIRST DATE! I was cherry red.. I really didn't want his impression of me to be the girl that left chewed food on his drink. [-___-];; But like I said, he's someone with a WONDERFUL sense of humor and he just laughed it off. I think that incident made him like me even more.. :)

Funny First Kiss..
We spents HOURS talking until the crack of dawn, even though we both had to work the next morning. He wanted me to spend the night, but I wasn't the type of girl to sleep over at a guy's house so easily, so I'd stay until we were both dead tired and drive my ass back home. After the movies, we talked for a bit, but I know I should get home, it was already around 2am. This is exactly how my first kiss with him happened, no exaggeration:

(He walks me to my car.)

Matt:   (Sits on the hood of my car with his head tilted downward, but his eyes looking directly at me, probably trying to do that "sexy" look) So.. uh.. hey.. You know I like you right?

Matt:   (Tries to grab my chin and kiss me.)

Me:   (Uncontrollable giggling/laughing) Uh.. Ditto?

Matt:   (Attempts to kiss me again)

Me:   (In mid-kiss, I bust of laughing even harder.)

HEY! I was nervous! Give me a break.. Man, I was embarassed with myself of how I had handle that situation.. I remember thinking during the drive home, "Man, I hope he doesn't think I'm crazy and considers what happened endearing.. Please call me tomorrow!" I don't think I've ever reacted that way before.

Well, whatever I did or how stupid I must have looked, it worked! He's mine! Pwahaha.. We couldn't decide what day we should consider the official day, so we decided on November 22nd. :0) Happy one year anniversary again, baby. I love you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment