Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ombre Hair Color~

So, I finally decided to get my hair professionally colored! Why this is exciting and a bit depressing for me, I'll explain in a little side story

[First off, I haven't had my hair professionally colored ("highlighted") since I was about 13 years old. When I did start experimenting with my hair (at a young age), I discovered you can color/ bleach your own hair for under $10. I tried so many different things to my hair and was changing it up so much. I definitely wasn't willing to pay the salon prices to get it done! Yeah, it was a big mistake. I didn't realize that when Asian folks bleach their hair, it starts off looking CHUCKY (Child's Play) orange. Ew.. Over the years, I've done TOO much sh*t to my hair: black hair dye, brown hair dye, bleach, pink coloring, etc.) The ONLY things I've had professionally done since back then is a simple cut.]

I've been saying and voicing my thoughts on getting my hair colored and some people have some opinions of their own about me going through with it considering I am pregnant. But let me assure EVERYONE: 
  1.  I am very well aware that I am pregnant, 24/7. I never attempt anything risky without thinking about how it will affect the little human growing inside of me first. 
  2. I've done online research on the matter if it is safe or not, on the websites my doctor has referred me to.
  3. I've discussed this matter with my doctor and he assures me it is a-okay!
  4. I'm not CONSTANTLY coloring my hair, so it's not a big deal. I'm never even around harmful chemicals on a daily basis anyways. 
  5. Even to be on the safer side, I decided to go for an OMBRE hair color instead of an all over solid color (which they would have to color correct before hand) because at least this way, the chemicals won't be directly on my scalp. (Even in the things I've read, they are more concerned with the chemicals soaking into your scalp rather than you inhaling the fumes, which is why I decided on the ombre.)
Thanks everyone for the concern! :0) But I promise you I'm not being irresponsible. I've even talked about it with many other moms. But yeah.. BACK to my hair color.. I'm a little disappointed in that I wish the ends were MUCH lighter. I think I'd like it better with it were even blonde near the ends. Blah. I dunno. I still love it regardless! :)
The Beach House Salon
2707 North 21st Street
Tacoma, WA 98406
---
Ask for Brooke (Owner)
(253) 752-0588
thebeachhousesalon@hotmail.com
---
Get a cut, say you were referred by me & we can both get $10 off on a cut!

2 comments:

  1. Waaah, it looks soooo awesome! I really, really love it on you! ♥♥♥ You are so pretty (:

    http://4seasons92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same boat as you with dying hair on my own and not getting it professionally done. I have had it professionally done a couple of times but... the colors were not as good as i expected. The outcome was about the same as doing it at home by myself. I think your hair color looks great now!

    Take care of yourself and ur baby ^_^ Can wait to see your angel's arrival!

    ReplyDelete