Friday, October 21, 2011

BEST early birthday/ x-mas present ever!!!

So if you're one of the beautiful ones that follow me on Twitter, you already know. I would like to cordially introduce you to..
PRiNCESS! 
Isn't she beautiful?! 
I've been dreaming about owning a DSLR camera forever! I know how much these bad girls cost, so I never really fully looked into it. I decided one day, when I make enough money that I could even wipe my ass with paper bills, I'll invest in one. Since re-starting my blog and my son about to be here soon, I decided I really wanted to be able to take better quality pictures. My mind was set.

I started researching online, asked questions to a few photographer friends of mine, visited best buy a couple times, and read a whole list of reviews from users. I initially wanted a Canon. I know Canon and Nikon's are both up there as top quality SLR's, but I leaned more towards Canon's only because they've been around for longer and I have yet to hear anything negative about their products. I even looked at a few Sony's and I know they do make great quality products (even my digi cam now is a Sony), but I just wasn't impressed with any of them, not even the NEX-5. 

I heart was finally set and yearned for the Nikon D5100 like a fat man lusts after a slice of chocolate cake when he knows it's bad for him. I wanted it. I needed it. Well, ok, maybe I didn't absolutely NEED it, but I wanted it enough to need it (if that makes any sense). But the question was, how was I going to get it? I considered making payments through a credit card or hitting up all my family members to help put down as my "Christmas/ Birthday/ Congrats on pushing a human being through your body" present. :) And I knew babe would help me in that area too. 

I've never wanted a material object so bad in my life, not even for my  first car! LOL, I was excited about my first car, but mainly because I needed it, it wasn't for luxury reasons. I've even had many dreams about this camera. Haha, I was obsessed. 

But after some careful thinking and consideration, I was depressed. Why? Because I realize buying one of these would be nothing but a dream. What was I thinking? I have a baby on the way, I can't be a selfish little brat. Babe even had told me one morning that if I were to get an SLR, it wouldn't be for a long, long time because we just can't afford it right now (he's a sneaky one, he is!). I cried. I cried at my selfishness, I cried because I knew I wasn't getting one, and I cried because I got my hopes up. I NEVER get my hopes up about anything, because I don't ever EXPECT anything. But this time, I did. I felt so stupid for seeming so greedy and needy. I'm not like that at all. Ask anyone of my friends or family. I rarely ever buy anything for myself (up until recently, I really don't know where this need to purchase came from out of nowhere!!!).

My mind kept flip-flopping on the decision to purchase an SLR or not. I decided to just wait until the time was right. I was considering hitting up my dad to pitch in for this instead of sending expensive presents we don't use. But he lives in Virginia, I don't know the condition of the aftermath of the hurricane, and he had something similar to a stroke. I feel bad enough because I can't visit him before baby is born.. ):

Anyways, Monday (10.17.2011) night, after work, I came home with a slight Debbie Downer face and babe says, "Hey, you got a package in the mail today." I'm confused at this point because I get all my packages delivered elsewhere.

Then I saw it.. A big, beautiful yellow box with the words "Nikon D5100" on the top, sitting right besides the comfy brown leather couch. I just stood there for a minute, VERY confused, while my heart started pacing faster.

Me:  "Who's is this?"
Babe:  "That's yours."
Me:  "No, seriously, who's is this?"
Babe:  "It's for YOU!"
Me:  *Touches box* "Is this real???"
Babe:  "Open it and find out!"
Me:  *Starts crying (tears of utter happiness)*

Babe, our best friend PMao, and mama in-law had all pitched in to make this miracle dream gift come true! Words cannot express how happy and appreciative I am to receive something so amazing. I just could not stop smiling and nothing at that point could spoil my mood. You can bet your ass babe got some SWEET, SWEET loving later on that night *sly smile* PWAHAHA.. JK.. Maybe. This is theeee best present I've ever received and I'm even more ecstatic that they gave it to me early instead of waiting two more dreadful months until my actual birthday.
I cannot stop "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" at her! She's beautiful and takes great pictures!! I still have lots of DSLR knowledge I need to soak in, but I am more than willing to learn. I know it's going to take a lot of time and patience. I cannot wait to get started on so many projects! :D

Here are some more pics I took with Princess! :D The colors really pop! 
(slightly photoshopped!)


Okay, off to spend time with the 
loved ones now! Hope everyone has a safe 
and fun Friday night! <3

38 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's awesome! I want a similar camera just as badly!!! So I know the "Want it enough to need it" feeling.lol

    &You look beautiful! :D

    &You better put that camera to use & show us baby pictures when he's here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww u werent greedy/needy nor selffish!!!.. i love that little conversation you and ur hubby had.. it almost made me tear!!! Im soo happy for you for having such supportive, caring and loving families and friends!!. I'm still veryyy jealous of you =P I wanted the d5100 too!! and i looked at NEX-5 too hahaha.. but same here... didnt impress me.. d5100 is the bomb! LOL.. Have tons of fun filming lovely videos of your baby boy!! cant wait to see him he's going to be the cutest thing ever!!!=D

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw the last picture of you reminds me of a TVB celebrity but i cant pin point whoooo!! i just know it's someone pretty hahah =P

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling you look just fabulous and so happy in your photos! I think it's so cute you cried over and you're so selfless!!! *sighs* I remembered there was a time when I cried over a material object too! My bf and I were in HK and we were in the LV store, my bf bought a belt and then he said I might as well get the bag I wanted here since it's a bit cheaper, but I knew at the time he didn't really have the money to get it for me AND it wasn't a planned purchase so I denied though I yearrrrrned for the bag badly. I almost cried all the way home! Bf still laughs at me for that -.- So let it out girl! I totally know how you feel! Us materialistic girls gotta stick together, we're way misunderstood!

    But anyways! Your family and hubs is so sweet! I can't wait to see the photos you take with this and soon, your baby boy! That is if you still have the time to blog hahaha Ironically I've been bugging my bf about a new camera though the one I have now (nex5 <-- LOL! super ironic) isn't even a year old =P/ ><

    P.s Don't you just loving combining events like christmas and birthdays together to get a larger gift? HAHAHAHA In fact bf and I have been doing that so much it's turned to a "once a year" thing now =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen. Your story is so sweet and you're so lucky to have loving friends who look out for you. My family and friends have gotten me great gifts for the past few birthdays as well so I understand how you feel. Congrats on your new camera you look lovely in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, lucky girl youuu!!! What girl doesn't like present? And what girl doesn't like a thoughtful, wonderful and expensive gift? Hahaha!
    And the unexpected vibe of surprise adds to the element, too!
    Lucky girl!

    PS: I guess I'm following you not just for all those beauty and makeup thingy, but also because I think you're cute and funny and fun in person, and it came accross over the internet, haha!

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I'm so happy for you girl! WOOO HOOO! I love your pictures, they look amazing!!! That's a wonderful surprise and fabulous gift. You will enjoy. And thank you so much for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll talk with you later. Enjoy that camera! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay~! i am happy for you.
    so now we will see even better & prettier pictures here. right? ;)
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wern't selfish for wanting one at all! I'm really glad for you that you got one in the end and I can see it made you happy from your smile, you look gorgeous, I'm so impressed with your eyeshadow, (tutorial please?) and your hair looks great. Can't wait to see all of the pictures that you take :). Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah i'm totally totally jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Pretty! Review on the cam please - I'm in the process of getting a DSLR, but totally clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LUCKY! Really great early present! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're not selfish because I want one too! I keep asking for one and I know we can't afford it either but just like ur babe, Chris will make it happen haha Pics are gorgeous. That was so sweet of them, wonderful gift! Get some baby belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omgh! I Love it.. AW!! how Sweet! :) <3 I love Your eye make up! I want one Now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats! ^^ haha I didn't realise you were talking about a DSLR on Twitter when you were saying 'princess' LOL. It looks great!

    I'm looking for a DSLR too ^^ And i'm tossing between a Nikon and Canon as well, if there's any advice you have about DSLRs plz tell me! (i'm such a noob & i don't want to JUST point & shoot)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Eye makeup !! <3 I have the same DSLR :] got it a few months back! I definitely recommend that you read the manual. I tried to learn how to use it on my own and it started to piss me off almost to a point where I didn't like it anymore ! I got it around May and I'm barely reading the manual now :P lol.. Enjoy your new camera :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh it's so beautiful, you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post!!i'm following you!!if you like mine, do the same!!!!

    www.zagufashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi , i have this camera , i love it!
    I'm now following you , if you like my blog , you can do the same!
    WWW.FASHIONSCARFBOY.COM

    Kisses Andy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So jealous!I want that camera too!And you look beautiful and I love your makeup^-^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, this is so sweet! I'm so glad that you got such a present and from such wonderful people in your life! The quality looks STUNNING as do you! I love, love, love this look as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! Your photos look amazing, I love your eyeshadow in them <3 Its funny because my boyfriend bought me my Nikon D60 for my birthday/xmas present a couple years back. I love mine, so I know how exciting you must be about it, yayyy! I look forward to seeing more photos from you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. yes to a swappp!! omggg it'll be sooo awesomee!! =D.. yeaa.. sadly we dont have a target here =[ but i THINK they are having one in a mall near me real soon like in a year? (the mall is going under some renovation).. but i hope they doo =] I did this swap with another girl from the states (still need to blog about it) and she got me soo muchhh stuff from sonia kashuk and elf and other goodies omg she spoiled me like a little brat... i need to send her a 2nd box to make up for what she over sent me lol or else i'll feel bad><... umm not sure wat we have here that u guys dont have tho.. i think brands like.. annabelle? marcelle? GOSH? QUO? VICHY? mmmmmmm fruits and passion? mm not sure =P

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, that's such a sweet story. I get really guilty about these things too. Camera looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG your camera is gorgeous! lol I've been wanting one for years! How sweet of them!! That is a great camera, and your pictures look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, you're such a lucky hot preggy mama! <3 your personality jen, you're so honest, sweet and humble.. love yah girl.. i am so happy for you!
    enjoy your new princess! btw, how's ur baby boy or girl? i'm so excited for you.. take care hun! loveyah!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oopss i forgot, love love your eyemakeup btw! mmuaah!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OH MY GOODNESSS!!!! ^____^
    How exciting!!
    I'm so jealous right now, haha.

    Well now hopefully we'll get to see even more of your beautiful face! ;D

    Fun fact: I named my piggy bank Princess. She's spoiled & only eats paper. LOL.


    <3,
    Dana

    PS: blogger award for you on my page :]

    ReplyDelete
  29. You beat me to it!! LOL you sure are quick!

    It's so late, but I was like "no, must go tell them before I go to bed" hahaha

    What are you still doing up?


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  30. want it now!!!!

    Visit my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    have a wonderful day!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. awwww that's so sweet they got you the camera :)
    Princess is beautiful and so are you and those photos :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. jealous (: the camera good , beautiful eye makeup

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great present. You look gorgeous by the way ;)

    Thu
    http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh my goodness!!! ahahaha I'm happy for you too! I recently bought canon 60D baby too, unfortunately it's not a gift, I bought it with my own money =/ but yeaaah... I LOVE it. Congrats on getting a new DSLR ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like your make-up !!
    http://myministyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I want the same camera!! I'm still talking about it and I'm sure that sooner or later my husband will break ;))) I want it soooooo badly... This is exactly the model I chose and here I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's awesome! I don't think you can really go wrong w/ Nikon or Canon. I got my dslr for my bday in august and i am loving it still! <3 it's so precious!

    ReplyDelete