Friday, October 14, 2011

BEST LASH GLUE: OneDollarEyelashes.com!

At 16 years old, I discovered how amazing false lashes made my teeny eyes look.. Still at that time, I only wore them for special occasions. After a while, I became a pro at applying them and wore them more regularly. Not EVERYDAY-regularly, but still a lot more often than I used to. I'm about to be 25yrs old this December, so almost 9 years of false eyelash experience. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable in that department now. 

A lot of my friends didn't wear falsies much at the time, so a few of them would tell me I looked like a prositute.. LOL, some friends, huh?! But it was all purely love. They still loved me and I loved them. Pwahaha, they've crossed over to the dark side because now, I'm always getting requests to apply it on for them. *smug smile*..

So anyways, I've always had an issue with my eyes watering up for no reason. As I got older, my right eye was normal, but my left eye waters like crazy ALL the time. It's SOOOO freaking annoying!!! For absolutely no reason at all. It's even watering up as I am typing at this very moment. GAWWD.. -_____-

This is the ONLY major problem with wearing falsies for me. My left lash will start detaching before I even get to leave the damn house.. I always carry a little bobby pin and extra glue with me, but still, sometimes I'll forget! Once, I had to make my hubby stop by Walgreens before the club to pick some up, because it started detaching already. Damn you, left eye!!!!!! 

EVERY GLUE I'VE EVER BOUGHT HAS ALWAYS BEEN "WATERPROOF", but it really doesn't do what it claims to. WTF? It's waterproof, but the first bit of tears in the corners of my eyes, and already it's detached. I've tried SOOOO many different "waterproof" glues out there..  

Note
These ALL claim to be "WATERPROOF".
DUO Eyelash Adhesives --- Mhy #1 choice of eyelash glue (before my discovery of the onedollareyelashes.com's lash glue). It's easier to use to fix with a bobby when the glue starts detaching. But I think it takes a while to dry. I do like that it dries rubbery so it's easy to peel of the access glue on your lashes for re-use.

ANDREA Strip Lashes Adhesives --- They were just okay. Wasn't impressed with them at all. 

ANDREA Perma-Lash Individual Lash Adhesives --- This comes in a little glass tube with no brush. I didn't realize at first they were meant for INDIVIDUAL lash pieces. They ended up getting into my eyes.. Oh, man, did they burn!!! But eventually, I used them for what their original purpose, individual lash pieces. I still don't think they worked well at all. They flaked and took forever to dry. Did not like them AT ALL, 

ARDELL Lash Grip Lash Adhesives --- I think they worked almost the same as the DUO's, this brand is just cheaper in price. 

OTHER Cheap/ Complimentary Lash Adhesives/ Glue --- Crap, crap, crap. And a lot of them burn my eyes.

For the longest time, I've been on the hunt for a better eyelash glue out there. All these years, I've stuck with the DUO's because it did work BETTER out of all the other choices, for me at least. When I have free time and am really bored, I'll start YouTubing random beauty-related things. I stumbled upon a video comparing all these different types of lash adhesives and after watching, I REALLLLY wanted to try this glue that beat all the other popular brands. It's the..
ONEDOLLAREYELASHES.COM's 
Non-Allergenic Waterproof
Eyelash Glue 

The lady in the video did a "waterproof" test with all the different types of glues. I read and saw a couple reviews on this little miracle glue. The only negative thing someone had said was that it worked  TOO WELL. Her problem was, she didn't know how to take them off, that they just wouldn't come off. LOOL, that actually made me want the glue even more!
I ordered two (of course, if it works, I'll definitely be needing a backup!!!). Plus, if I'm gonna have to pay for shipping, I might as well add another one.

  • Eyelash Glue: $6.95 x 2
  • Shipping & Handling: $4.95 (US/CAN only) & $9.95 (International)  
  • TOTAL = $18.85
Was it worth almost $20 for two?

YES! 
But I should have gotten more if I'm going to pay for $5 shipping.
The shipping definitely makes this all a bit pricey, but the fact that it really works for me, definitely makes this worth it.
They even sent me a free pair of their F3 lashes! The lashes themselves didn't look too bad, however the plastic packaging they were on was incredibly flimsy and pure crap. But hey, they were FREE, so I'm not complaining! I probably wouldn't ever buy their lashes though. I don't know how the quality of their other lashes are, but I can find much cheaper (w/ great quality) lashes out there. 

You might be thinking, what could be cheaper than $1?! But in fact, they aren't exactly $1. You buy then by the box (10 pairs) and they are around $10-12 per box. And you WILL have to pay for shipping because the  store is only available online. 

HOWEVER, I will only buy my eyelash glues from here from now on!! Back to what this post is originally about..

This glue is seriously amazing!!! It really works as well as people described! AND I didn't find it difficult at all to remove my falsies afterwards. 
PROS:  
  • Comes with a wand applicator for a cleaner and easier application.
  • Dries clear.
  • TRUE WATERPROOF product.
  • Lashes stayed in place even when my eyes watered up! It detached only slightly because I tugged on it on accident. But if you leave it alone, it won't budge. :)
  • Doesn't have a weird scent like the other glues. 
  • The texture is smoother and thinner than most other glues.
CONS:  
  • Only available online, so it's not as convenient to get. 
If you have issues with watery eyes, but love wearing falsies, these are definitely something to consider. :) I'm not guaranteeing you will love them as much as I do, but read up on some reviews and make your own decision. I'm so happy with my purchase! I just wish I ordered more! I definitely will be stocking up next time! :)

(This is what the HK watch you can win in my 
giveaway looks like on! Super cute, right???)

36 comments:

  1. Great review on lash glue! This makes me want to wear false lashes more hahaha but there are two main reasons why I don't wear them. One: Laziness, it just takes so long to practice and get them right! Ugh, there was a time where I was determined to master it so I could wear it whenever I wanted but I couldn't get to the point where I could wear them good enough to not use eyeliner underneath it, since it hid all the flaws =P. Two: My bf hates them, nuff said LOL But I will definitely keep this info in mind if I ever try to attempt lashes again, in fact you'll probably be the first one I run too LOL

    Of course you look amazing doll! That watch looks lovely but I honestly want the pouch more hahaha Being 25 sounds like the perfect age, you know like when you're in highschool and you think 15 is the perfect age? Or was that just me? lol no matter, hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg my eyes get all watery too and the inner part of the lashes always come off !
    I really have to try this glue!
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh awesome thank you for sharing! I've been wearing lashes for about 3 yrs now and I use DUO glue. BUT I really want to try this now =D
    Little Petite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah some cheap lash glues burn so badly ;_; 20 dollars is a bit out of my price range for eyelash glue though D:

    I do really love the PA eyelash glue, it's really good too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful :)

    hello!! verynice giveaways!!! i followed you.. follow me too! :)

    thnks.

    http://www.lightbubblepop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I have the same problem with my watery eyes. Both of my stupid eyes water all time. I love wearing false lashes but the corners of my eyes peel off within about half an hour of use. I've resorted to not wearing them at all already. I hope this glue will work for me, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty eyes! But I don't think I would buy the glue.... a little pricey for me. Thanks for sharing anyways! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the reviews!
    I don't normally use false lashes because I wear glasses but I plan to after I get my contact lenses.
    I have an appointment with the eye doctor soon so I'm excited. ^_^
    I'm definitely going to stay away from the brands of glues you don't recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this review! What a great waterproof lash glue! Haha! Glad that you found a lashglue that will stay in place at the time! Sometimes I see people's falsies flying up half way and it could be a bit embarrassing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww I want it now! Great review!
    But I hate paying for shipping LOL *curls up in a ball

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi , interesting post. If you like italian Style, follow me. Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats alot of eyelash glue,one of my eye tear up pretty quickly like you :( but whee you look so pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually use duo, but I will defintley be trying this, I am getting married soon and I will probably cry that day! lol So this is a need now!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They must have been jelous to say that you looked like a prostitute, been wearing them every day since before I was 13, apart from no makeup days. My favourite glue is eylure. An eyelash hanging off is so annoying, it's just there flapping about and everyones always so happy to point it out and start trying to put it into place with no glue and I'm like I know, get away from my eye.. Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never ever tried false eyelashes, I should probably try it, maybe it'll play around for the wedding because they do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OoO this makes me wanna try this lash glue now. I honestly hate my DUO -- it never stays put & starts detaching like it did for you. I actually recently started using Revlon's lash glue & it works amazeballs. It looks like the one you posted here, but im gonna have to check that onedollareyelashes one now!! Thanks for posting babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg my right eye ALWAYS tears!!! esp while im doing my eye makeup. it SUCKS!!! thanks for reviewing this, will def check it out. looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm using duo right now, think it works ok for me but i do hope i can try something better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you found a glue that worked for you :) your eyes look amazing with false lashes Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you found a glue that worked for you :) your eyes look amazing Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey sweetie!!! Im back again hahaha! Ranma 1/2 is a classic anime! Can't go wrong with that but then again I watched it when I was only 8 or 9yr, luckily I was mature enough to tolerate all the nudity in the anime ><

    Awww your hubs sounds like a sweet heart! Yeah being honest is definitely better because you know you won't want to be leaving the house looking like an alien!!! For some odd reason my bf thinks eyeliner looks emo -.- He's got some strange quirks, maybe I'll write a post about him sometime hahahahaha him and his weird antics/quirky thoughts.....

    Girl, you're talking to someone who highly sees breast implants and slitting her eyes open so don't worry about being materialistic! lol just kidding about the eye thing.....sorta...maybe just on one eye? hahaha nah I think all humans are materialistic by nature!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good and interesting post!
    I also have watery eyes >.< so this sounds great for me! Thanks<3

    ReplyDelete
  23. yea they were hatin on u and now theyre trying to be like you!! :) ill def check this out, i still have to buy some lashes :( im afraid!! hope u and baby are well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww you're so pretty and I love this cute style and Hello Kitty ! I think your blog is very nice, I would like to invite you to my blog, check it out and if you like it we might follow each other ! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey Jen!
    thanks for posting this. i've been so tempted to get good falsies and nice glue to go with them, but i didn't know where to start. maybe you could do a posting on "how to pick perfect falsies" or something with your expertise! (please? ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Jen! This is an excellent review!!! I never wore them because I wear contacts and such. But they look great on if done properly. So glad you found something you LOVE! I found out about your page through Nadin. She's the best! Look forward to reading your future posts. Have a great day! ((HUG))
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I first stated wearing false lashes, I used Duo, but I wasn't completely impressed with it & I definitely never used the crap glue that came with lashes.
    My HG eye lash glue was Shu Uemura's eyelash glue and that worked amazingly! Worth every penny I spent on it. But sadly I lost it after a night of clubbing just recently :(
    So I've been debating whether or not to spend another $10+ to replace it or try something new, & looks like I"ll be trying this stuff out! :D


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for your comment on my post! Haha I'm guna steal that phrase If that's okay, peanut butter and jelly ;). Oh my god, what on earth? Boody dramatic neighbours, what on earth do they do to cause so much trouble? How do people find the time to get into trouble like that! Ohh I already have my halloween costume post planned, once I get my outfit, I will do a trial makeup and try on of the dress, wander down to the church in full costume and makeup, it's quite a walk, I will get stared at and abused by chavs which I'm enjoying the thought of as kids in trackies don't scare me at this age, and I will take pictures at the church in daylight doing zombie poses like a nob. It'll be great :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jen I love this post seriously gonna bookmark lol

    seriously though it was really informative.I think I gonna give DUO a go

    xo
    Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow your eyes look so amazing!
    and i really love the watch, it's so cute!

    <3
    'lizz

    dramadynasty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have such an interesting blog! The lashes look great on you too! It's good that you've finally found the perfect glue. I love it when after a lengthy search, you find something that's just right for you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Jen! Great review! I've been using Ardell's lash glue lately but it irritates my eyes terribly. And I can't seem to bring myself to throw it out because it seems like such a waste so I've been avoiding wearing falsies altogether! The Hello Kitty watch is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. nice review, and your hello kitty watch just so awesome!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those actually look amazingggg on you!!
    I never wear them, tried when i was younger and must of had a crap glue cos they flew off in the wind! Opps.
    Oh and i LOVE your watch

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome review! i've been so loyal to DUO, but i might have to try this out. thanks for sharing. awesome blog btw! xo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your eyes are gorgeous!

    xxx

    www.sunshine-rainbows-and-ribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete