Thursday, December 15, 2011

Please HELP ME decide which Kate Spade to choose!

I'm usually not this indecisive, but I am having the hardest time choosing. I've usually been the type of girl that likes to carry light, convenient purses/ handbags. In the past, the big bulky handbags have turned me off and I didn't like anything that I couldn't either wear around my waist (fanny packs) or sling over my shoulder. But lately, I've been VERY into the bags with shorter handles and stiff walls (to stand up). I wanted to be able to take my DSLR with convenience and also something big enough to fit all my other necessities without them falling all over each other.

My sister had asked me if I wanted clothes or makeup for Christmas, but I told her the next thing on my wishlist is the large LV Speedy (which will obviously have to wait, because I am in no position whatsoever to spend that much on a purse at the moment!) or any good quality bag with that similar shape. I wanted something I could just wear over my forearm.

I browsed through the Nordstrom website to see what I can find and came across some beautiful Kate Spade's! I was hoping to find something in Michael Kors or Marc Jacobs, but the styles or designs that I had seen didn't impress me at all. I thought these KS I picked out were absolutely gorge! :D But now I have to narrow it down to one. Hmmm.. My sister, hubs, and P are all pitching in as my Christmas present. Aren't they the sweetest?! 

They had actually already gotten the 'Manfield Liv" satchel for me (I found out through my excellent investigating skills!), but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I'm leaning more towards the "Flicker-Melinda' satchel, AND it's so much more cheaper, which is a bonus! I didn't like that they spent so much in the first place. 

"Bold patent leather wraps a structured satchel accented by gleaming goldtone hardware and a shining pair of rolled handles."
Top zip closure.
 - Protective metal feet.
 - Patent leather.
Dimensions: 12.5'W x 8'H x 6"D   Strap Drop: 5"   Price: $345
My Thoughts:  I adore this! Convenient, cute, meets all my requirements, and I'm loving the berry color especially. I'm not TOO sure how I'd feel later about the patent leather, or the fact that it might not fit my arm if I do decide I NEED to wear it over my shoulder. You don't think this is too "LOUD", do you? AGH! Decisions!
"Diamond quilting on crinkled leather creates a visually rich bag topped by 14-karat gold-plated handles."
 - Snap-top closure.
 - Interior center zip divider.
 - Custom-woven dot-jacquard lining.
 - Leather.
Dimensions: 15"W 10"H x 6"D   Strap Drop: 8"   Price: $445
My Thoughts:  Okay, I know this is totally NOT following the description of what kind of purse I wanted, but just look! Isn't it beautiful?! It reminds me of the Chanel quilted bags, but I actually like the look of this one a LOT better. It's the most expensive out of the three, and NOT what I was looking for, but the invisible extra limbs of mine keep reaching out for this one. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I DON'T like that it has a divider inside, has no metal feet, it's a shoulder sling handle, and it's a snap-top instead of a zip closure. BUT even so, it's still so pretty and I can't help but drool a little LOT.

"A boxy, structured satchel is a stylish everyday accessory, cut from soft textured leather with signature jacquard lining."
 - Two-way zip closure.
 - Protective metal feet.
 - Leather.
Dimensions: 13"W x 9"H x 5.5"D   Drop Strap: 5.5"   Price: $425
My Thoughts:  This is the purse they had already gotten me (in Black). I was leaning more towards the cream, but the green is a beautiful color too. I like black because it goes with everything, but.. I don't know. My mind isn't completely satisfied with this and I don't know why! I I like it a lot, but I don't know if I'm in LOVE with it just yet. I LOVE that it's plain (exactly what I'm looking for), but maybe it's a bit TOO plain? My mind is constantly flip-flopping with this one. 

Product information and descriptions are from the Nordstrom website.

I'd really appreciate if you girls could let me know what you think! It will probably help me A LOT in making a final decision. Hehee~ ^________^

21 comments:

  1. I love the middle one but the downside is that it has no closure.
    my second choice is the last. I criticized the first because of its material that makes me think plastics, false

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that problem with quilted bags too!! fffff~ D: I sorta like the divider cause I like to organise things and remember where I put them.. but since you are carrying a SLR I would definitely recommend the one with the most space to fit!

    I like the Flicker and pink is a very daring colour which I think you can pull off easily :D

    http://www.dear-diary.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mansfield in the cream. I like the shape of the flicker melinda, but not a fan of the shiny finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH!! They're all too cute! No wonder you can't decide! I like the hot pink one in the first picture, the quilted cream one in the second, and the green or black in the third :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say flicker first then Mansfield!.. It's so modern n chic I think the quilted one is gorgeous too but I don't quite like it as much as the other two!.. But it's ur choice ^^.. I reallly like the flicker one u make me wanna but it!!!.. But can't :'(

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the middle selection! I love how it looks & as long as you don't carry to much the dividers will come in handy! Although, the first is a beautiful pink, not too loud in my opinion. & the third is like a mix between the two, not so shiny like the middle but similar style like the first. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay here's the thing. I LOVE the first one, but if you're going to be carrying around a dslr in there. It's going to get heavy and you should do yourself a favour and not hurt the muscles in your arms. I've been having issues with this recently and have had to change my bags. The second purse, is nice, but I'm kind of tired of the quilted thing. I personally think the third is the best choice. It's what you were looking for and has longer handles. I would go for the green (because I like to stand out) but anything from the style would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my pick would be Goldcoast-Flicker-Mansfield...i love love love the quilted look, i think it is ultra feminine, and very chic, a little bit grown up, but in a good way...the Flicker is sooo adorable, i luv Patent leather anything that that would be my second pick...the Mansfield is very nice, id go with the cream with maybe a coloured scarf on the handle, but i guess the same concept looks equally elegant with the black...im not too crazy about the green...since Green in general is one of my least favorite colour, so i might be biased....lol


    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Goldcoast Maryanna bag. I think it's the quilt pattern that's attracting me! Though i don't want want to egg you on in buying the more expensive of the 3 bags. If you are definitely digging the whole sorter handle, stiffer body bag then definitely get the first bag - it meets the requirements that you're looking for right? able to carry your DSLR and other necessities. Though I have to wonder, will it be convenient when little Ethan comes? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have personally seen the first in person and it's gorgeous! Definitely go for it but it's all up to you, another downside it gets scratches easily :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, the Flicker is my favorite but the patent leather is iffy like you said so my next choice would be the mainfield, although the goldcoast os quite pretty I would think it's harder to fit a dslr in there cause of the shape. But whatever bag you choose I can't wait to see, since they're all great bags.

    And sweet of your family to all chip in for you :) Hope mommy and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww you're lucky girl! Your family loves you so much, don't they!
    Just my two cents. Number 1 is out. Patent leather is cute when it's new, but just with one scratch an all the cuteness is gone gone gone.
    At first I'd say number 3, but you mentioned you've had it already. So I guess number 2? It's not very convenient for the camera though, hahaha

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all 3 types!! (I don't think I'm much help then. -.-")

    BUT! I'm voting Mansfield Satchel in cream or black. I'd personally go for the cream but I'm glad you went with the black!

    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete
  14. I havent heard about it but it looks great!
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful collections!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the first one! The berry color is super cute and I think the design of the bag is great! I like the quilted one too but I do not like the middle divider thing. Any of these would be nice since they're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Flicker Melinda satchels! But I also think the other 2 designs are gorgeous too~ Can't wait to see what you end up getting~

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quilted leather one is so cute and I really like the black!!!But then they all are cute!
    Now following!
    xoxo

    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i personally would pick the 'Manfield Liv' satchel. but since the Flicker is way cheaper ~ maybe i would decide for this one. it also looks very good and you save some money you could invest into other things then :'3

    ShuShu ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the leather shoppers :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh this is a tough one!

    I have pros and cons for every single one of them, but yet at the same time I wouldn't be able to tell you which you should pick. I'm in the same boat you are. I feel like there are justifiable reasons to pick each of the three purses. I say the last one for the price and handles. Cuteness factor, the quilted one, but it won't be that convenient to be caring around your DSLR at all (imagine the bulge that would stick out because of that middle divider in there) & price is great for the first one, but there's just something about it that doesn't have me convinced that it's the right purse. Honestly none of them completely scream out at me & if you feel the same way, you should try looking at something else. I always say a great handbag should CALL your name. Not whisper or subtlety seduce you, it could straight out call your name and tell you that it MUST be yours. Lol. But that's just my opinion :)


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete