Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hawaii (Scarf) Inspired Makeup


So, you see that top I'm wearing? Well, it's not REALLY a top, it's this really cute summery scarf that was given by grandma. It's a really BIG scarf, almost the size of a sarong, and I saw something about wearing your scarfs as your tops to the beach over your swimsuit and decided to try it out. :0) I think it came out kinda nice, definitely will be taking this to the beach with me. Well, the colors of the scarf inspired me to try out a few blends of eyeshadow colors that might flow well with it. I think the mission was successful! The whole look looks kinda Hawaii-ey. Yeah, I know most islanders prefer that au natural look, so my face might look clownish compared to theirs, but hey- Whatever! It's makeup and we're girls. We're allowed to have fun with it. Some of us NEED makeup to look semi-decent. Not trying to sound like a b*tch, but it's just the way things are, sadly.
FACE:
- Moisturizer: Lancome Renergie Microlift R.A.R.E
- Skin Fusion Brightening minerals (Medium)
- e.l.f Blush (Pink Passion)
  •  Love this blush! It's such a nice, light shade of pink. But like I have said in a previous post, I really have to dig into the blush to get the pigment I want on my cheeks.
EYES:
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder (ecp02-Dark Brown/Brown)
  • Honestly, I've always felt powder brow kits work 10x's better then pencils. The pencils sometimes leave an unattractive goop where a few of your eyebrow hairs cluttered. I like this brown powder, the color looks natural on me, it comes with a lighter & darker shade. It also came with a cute tiny little angle brush & the best part is the little circle of wax it comes with! You can easily control your out of place hairs, now! PLUS-- It's super affordable.
- NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base
  • I can honestly say this is one of the BEST eye shadow primers I've ever used! In my opinion, it even beats Urban Decay Primer Potion. It keeps my shadow lasting ALLLL day and even when I rub, it stay in place quite well! I'm just not a fan of the whole wand packaging. I'd much rather prefer a tiny jar, at least that way a good amount of it won't be going to waste.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (608-Cottage Cheese)
  •  I love all the colors these eye pencils come in, unfortunately, I don't like that it fades and rubs off easily. :/ Well, the shimmer ones too, maybe I should try the matte colors.
- L'Oreal HiP Bright Shadow Duo (538-Flamboyant: Gold)
- L'Oreal HiP Bright Shadow Duo (224-Showy: Both)
  • I adore the HiP line for L'Oreal! The colors are so vibrant and pigmented! But I feel that ALL the matte colors of these eyeshadow duos don't come out as nice. They come out better when blended with other colors, but not alone.
- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner (01-Deepest Black)
  •  The best pencil eyeliner I have ever owned! It glides on sooo smoothly over your lid and lasts ALLL day! And it's even smudge-proof! I don't know if they make this in waterproof, but I hope they do. It will be my #1 of all time!  (My eyes water all the time for no reason, so it's hard to find a good eyeliner that my tears won't wash out.)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner
  • It's okay. It washes out easily and I would like it better if they brush was shorter. It's harder to control very thin lines when the brush is too long.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous waterproof (Black)
  • I don't know if I would say the Stiletto mascaras are my favorite, but they are definitely on my top 10. Lasts all day, barely flakes, does create a lot of length, and a satisfactory amount of volume.


- Shu Uemura Mini Eyelash Curler
  • I love this little thing! I can curl EVERY hair with precision, even the lashes in the corners where it's hard to get with a regular sized curler.
- Two pairs of eyelashes (glued on top of the other)
  • For EXTRAAA volume!!
- Duo Eyelash Glue (Waterproof)
  • I like that because there's quite a bit of glue on, it creates a stronger hold on your lids. (I was saying earlier my eyes water easily, so it even eventually loosens waterproof eyelash glue, but not when you double up! :0)

LIPS:
- NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil (724-Chaos) 
  • This lip pencil really surprised me! It glided so smoothly across my lips, with lots of moisture and glossy finish! It didn't give a dried out feeling/look at all! For more of a matte finish, I would apply it and kiss a tissue/ paper towel. Repeat for more pigment.
HAIR:
- Messy Big Bun Up-Do
  • This look wouldn't be complete without the right hairstyle! I could have gone for flowing bohemian waves, but I decided with the messy big bun. I want to SHOW the colors of my face, not hide it! This bun that looks great with ANY look and very easy to do. And it's for all hair types really, you create the volume for the bun yourself.
Okay, that's the end of this idea! :0) Hope anyone who sees this enjoyed it! Bye!! <3

10 comments:

  1. WOW THE COLORS just pops! very well done and you blended it so well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf-top looks super cute!! but does it cover ur tummy/back?? you should show us a full body picture =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this looks really pretty on you! You did such a good job on your eyes ma'am! I love it. If I get the guts to get away from my neutral look, I might have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I definitely think of my home (Hawaii) when I look at this. Haha. I really love your look. I'm too scared to try blues but I really want to imitate this look.

    Great blog, btw! I'm now following you, huh. =)

    -Dinah
    http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi (and wow)! I love this look. I'm completely amazed by that fact that you used drugstore products to achieve this look. I also love your photos; they're so fun. I think it's great how much info you put about all the items used too.

    I love the blog! Instant follow. :)

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used for your eyes...
    Peacock inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg amazing colors! <33
    i will surely try this outt ;D
    thankyou for posting this ^^
    new follower btw ;D

    --
    http://njennifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty ^^

    ♥ missmarshmello.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete