Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mini E.L.F Haul x Pinky Look

I cannot get enough of Tarjay(Target)! It's my absolute favorite go-to store for just about everything.The only thing I cannot seem to find in ANY store (so I'm guessing they aren't sold here in the states???) is Maybelline's LONG EXTREME Lash Stilletto mascara. Saw a post about it on Xiaxue's blogspot and it worked wonders!! -_- Foreigners are always getting the best stuff! Grrr.. Anyways, this post isn't about that, so I'll shut up my whining for another time. Like I said, visitied Tarjay and of course I must ALWAYS stop by the cosmetics section, at least to take a peek if they have any new goodies. I've seen the ELF corner a few times, but my method of thinking was if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Everything was basically from $1.00 to $3.00 at most!! I've read reviews on how well these products work and come on, for a dollar, why not at least try 'em out, right? They had everything from eye shadows, to moisturizers, and even brushes! The brushes are what really drew me in. Makeup brushes are just way too expensive nowadays! I don't need fancy shmancy brushes, just ones that work! And I am proud to say I've found my new go-to makeup brushes for only $3 compared to the usual $10- $25 brushes everywhere else. 
For this look, I used:
  • Punk Funk palette - ($1.00) Surprisingly, for a one dollar palette, these shadows come out very vibrant and actually stays on (as long as you have some type of primer/base underneath). The pink in this palette can come out pretty bright and a little goes a long way! The blue&purple is perfect to give yourself a smokey-eye effect. I like color in my "smokey-eye", black shadow are for those days when I feelin' kinda emo/goth. :0) Hehehe..
  • Pink Passion blush -($3.00) I LOVE THIS BLUSH!!! I will admit, not exactly the best quality. I really have to dig my brush in there a few times to get my cheeks to the shade of pink that I want. But even so, I love how subtle yet noticeable it is. I've been looking for a really light pink blush and I'm happy that I didn't have to spend $25 on one at the department stores. ^_^ *Pats self on pat*
  • Birthday Suit lip stain - ($1.00) I'm not one to worry too much on my lip wear. I've bought pricey lip glosses before (years ago!!!) , but never will I again (well, maybe, if it's worth it). I was never into lipstick at all and the only lipstains that actually worked for me were too bloody red for me. I'm SO HAPPY I came upon this baby! It's a baby/Barbie pink lip STAIN and it actually works!!! The more you apply, the lighter my lips get (I have naturally really rosy lips, so it's hard to achieve a lighter look). In these pictures, I decided not to use the gloss side, I like the matte look. :)
  • ELF Eye Brightening blackliner -  ($1.00) This comes out darker than most of the pencil eyeliners I've used, but doesn't glide as smoothly on my lid. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 stars.
  • Maybelline Ultimate Length Lash Stiletto mascara -  ($6.97) I had to settle for this since it has been impossible to find the LONG EXTREME! ): It still works great though! I'm hoping this IS the same product with a different name. But I love how voluminous and long my lashes are after just a few coats! Why pay high department/ designer prices when you can go to your local drugstore and pick up something that works even better for under $10!
  • Maybelline Stiletto Liquid liner - ($5.99 Buy one, get one) Medium sized brush tip, just wish they had this in waterproof. :T
  • Falsiesfrom Daiso - ($1.50 pair) Works PERFECT for asian eyes, great prices, & tons of different styles to choose from. :0) I love me this little Japanese dollar store. (Located at The Commons in Federal Way, WA)  

5 comments:

  1. nice haul! I esp love the lower lash falsies, they have such a dramatic effect on the eyes =) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty, and I love that lip stain on you! I swear I'm like in the only state whose Tarjay doesnt freakin carry ELF stuff >:T I can't find them ANYWHERE around here *cries* haha.

    How do you like that tinted moisturizer btw? Someone suggested it to me, but wasnt sure about it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tarjay!! lol. i wish canada had it i always go crazy in that store when i go down to the states. i love the ring your wearing too and your makeup looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls it Tarjay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by my blog :) I got the crackle polish from Sally's beauty supply.

    Those lashes look amazing on you! it gives that cute doll like effect. I've been wanting to get that punk funk shadow quad for a while now but its always out at my target :(.

    ReplyDelete