Friday, November 4, 2011

EcoTools Brushes Review & Goodies from Korea!

Sorry about sucking at posting entries and replying to comments! I've had a lot on my plate recently. Even though I may not reply right away, I do take the time to read them with bigggggg smiles, and on my free time I do read everyone else's entries! Your posts are what keep me sane in a boring, slow moment! :) My phone just has been sucking when it comes to leaving comments. Thanks for all the love, ladies!<3
EcoTools Brushes
earth-friendly beauty
  • Handles made from bamboo, a highly sustainable plant. 
  • 100% cruelty-free, soft taklon bristles.
  • Recycled aluminum ferrules.
  • Reusable storage pouch.
My sister first introduced me to these amazing, affordable brushes and I purchased my first EcoTool (bronzer brush) not too long ago from Tarjay. I've been reading some really wonderful reviews on them and I've come to LOVEE the feel and quality of the first brush, so I might as well add to my collection. Walmart were selling them for slightly cheaper, and babe saw that I couldn't decided on which of the three I should get, so he got them all for me. He's the sweetest, most supportive man I know. He's too good to me. :)

Anyways, I decided since I have new brushes, I might as well clean ALL my brushes (including my new ones) at once. Didn't realize I had so many! But from what I hear and learned, it's best to wash and condition your brushes when you first get them to prevent future fall out. There's many DIY brush cleaning methods, but luckily I still hadn't used my Bare Escentuals brush cleaner tube, so this was the time to! 

Happy to say I haven't had even one little fall out/ shedding from washing the EcoTools brushes AT ALL! Loves it!
Bronzer Brush (Rating: 5/5)
I love that this basically a BIGGER version of a kabuki brush. It's can just see how dense it is. It does thee perfect job of buffing and blending out of my whole face. Love! My absolute favorite of the bunch!

Angled Blush Brush (Rating: 4/5)
 As much as I love this brush, I do feel it could be a big more sturdy. My personal preference is strong, study brushes. But I do love how soft it is! 

Foundation Brush (Rating: 5/5)
Honestly, I think majority of the foundation brushes I've used feel and work about the same. I think one works just as my Lancome and Bare Escentuals foundation brush. 

Concealer Brush (Rating: 5/5)
(Sorry, it's a bit dirty since I just used it) I absolutely adore how sturdy and dense this concealer brush is! I think it blends my concealer and bases quite well. 

Eye Shadow Brush (Rating: 3/5)
This brush is just okay. I don't think it's or all that amazing either. I think it's just a bit too big for my eyes. I'd like it much better if it the bristle were shorter and more dense. It picks up colors okay. 

Eye Shading Brush (Rating: 4/5)
I do wish the bristles were shorter. But I love how dense and soft it is and it does a wonderful job of blending and fixing eye shadow mess ups. 

Angled Eyeliner Brush (RatingL 4/5)
Great for cream/gel liners or shading of the brows! I like how you can mostly control how thin or thick you want the line to be. 

Detailer Brush (Rating: 4/5)
Great for getting the inner corners of your eyes! :)

It's nice that each bag has a little "Green Tip" on the back! I'm sure they sell these brushes in many different places, but I know for sure ever Target and Walmart carry them. And each of the brushes (and set) was under $10! Come on, now.. That's a freaking steal for such amazing quality and so far, all these brushes have been and stayed incredibly soft.
Simple DIY Brush Holder
I got this idea from a few different people and I don't know why I didn't use this method sooner! I usually don't like having my brushes out because they tend to collect dust. This picture is only an example, but I actually keep any of the brushes that I use on products with moisture (foundation, concealer, or eyeliner brushes) laid out in my vanity drawer. Those are the brushes I REALLY do not want collecting dust. It's just stays somewhat cleaner and that way more convenient since I'll sometimes forget to wash my brushes. The vase and the gem stones were only a $1 from the Dollar Tree! I didn't realize how many brushes I had so I bought a few extra vases and stones to make a couple more. (I'd try using beads or smaller gems, especially for the bigger handled brushes.)

..and in other news..

My LISA is finally back from Korea! 
Words cannot begin to describe how much I missed this woman! She used to lived here in the states, but moved to Korea to teach little kids English. How honorable, right?! (✿◠‿◠) Yup, that's my girl! 
It's not secret how much I love Hello Kitty. But the difference between me and a complete obsessed freak would be that I wouldn't waste money on random HK items unless I actually NEED it. So, everyone is always sweet enough to shower me with HK goodies for special occassions, which I absolutely love! :) I have so many random HK goodies all around the room, and all were gifted to me! LOVE! My girl Lisa is such a doll. She even tells me I must have passed down my HK love to her because now she's just a big of a fan when she wasn't one before. 

This is her 2nd trip back to America since she moved to Korea and this time, these are the goodies she brought back for me. She's sooo freaking sweet!!! :) Gosh.. I'm going to miss her like crazy again when she leaves. LISAAAAAAAA, come back home, already!!!!!!
( October 2011 )
Hello Kitty & a few Etude House goodies! 

Wish I had a daughter I could pass these goodies down to..

( February 2011
Hello Kitty everything you could imagine! So kawaii!!!!!
AND during her 1st visit home back in February, she brought me these wonderful randoms!!!! I literally screamed when I looked inside the bag to see that every single thing was Hello Kitty. It was the most random items ever, and I adore each one of them. From candies, to hand sanitizer, to floss, to hand warmers, just everything! :D 
So cute, right? 
HOORAY to great deals & greater friends!!!

27 comments:

  1. OMGH!! I'm a Hello Kitty nut! OMGH So much stuff!I love those brushes! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw~~~i luv the cute Hello Kitty Plush~~~so adorable~~~i like my eco tools brush too, but so far ive only got one from wal-mart~~~but everyone is praising how great they are~~~

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Bubbi brushes but they're so pricey! I have the brush set from elf and I have a blush brush from nyx but the bristles fall out! Maybe these are a better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Eco Tools. Honestly I don't know why people like them more than ELF. They are much softer and way better quality. I didn't believe it at first till i saw my cousins set.

    Your friend is so sweet. Thats just Hello Kitty galore right there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG hello kitty!!! I;ve always want to try Eco tools~ nice hauls <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. check my blog hun.. got something for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ecobrushes! The foundation and concealer brushes are definitely my favourite :D I love your blog! I'm following now :) <3

    http://heather226.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. jealous of the hk stuff! haha and those brushes are good, i have a set and I enjoy the face powder brush the most, I think ill get the giant bronzer brush next. they are just so soft. and that is so sweet of your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some small eco tool brushes and they are great! &omg, Hello Kitty is amazing but those gifts are great! Have you ever heard of the Hello Kitty Theme Park in Japan!? I want to go so badly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaaa those Hello Kitty goodies are too cutee! <3
    Your blog is so kawai ^-^ Now following via Google Friend Connect, follow me back please? ;)

    xx,
    http://www.christiebluee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhh; i have eco tools also :) LOVE them. VERY soft

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm using both the big and small eyeshadow brushes. They're really soft and I like how they're cruelty-free.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those brushes look really good quality love the idea on how to hold them in the glass bowl :)
    Hello Kitty is so cute!
    Lovely goodies :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww look at all those Hello Kitty! So cute. You will make fun of me when I say this but I don't own a single make-up brush. I don't wear make-up that much so never though to buy any. Might have to look into it now. Thanks for the review and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also have an ECO tool brush!!! Just a foundation brush...that...I never use BUT it's still soft nonetheless! I wish they would made a stippling brush! That's the one I use for my tinted moisturizer! I love your honesty review too! Omg that's so sweet of your friend to get you so much HK stuff!!!! Don't worry about her leaving, my mum tells me great friends still have the connection even if they haven't seen each other in 10 years, I didn't believe this until my mum proved me wrong herself!!!

    Omg you had a bullmastiff?! I adore those! People have the wrong mindset about those dogs, they're darlings! I hope she's still alive and you get to visit her before she parts of the rainbow bridge =( I missed my smaller doggies parting =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the brush holding vase, that is such a good idea. Your friend is so sweet to bring you all that HK stuf, jelly! Hope you're good and well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww those hello kitty stuff are too cute!! so are you!

    everythingmingi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love ECOtools, they are amazing for drugstore brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen those brushes selling online for $35+ .. i thought it was just a hoax for all those anti-fur people.. Tempted to get it now >.< ahh not that i use brushes often haha .. omg! such cute presents~ so sweet & generous ^___^ I wanna go over to Asia and teach kids English now :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. the brushes look great! I really want to purchase them :D
    OMG Hello Kitty is everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have these eco brushes! They're amazing! So glad about your friend!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Ecotools brushes, they are the best drugstore brushes ever made.

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those brushes look really nice :) Love the HK goodies, every time I go to Asia I bring back loads of random cute bits, it's ace!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. ECO tools are my favorite drug store brand brushes! They are so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow thats a lot of ecotools and hello kitty brushes Jen!! I love this post <3!! you make me want to get all the ecotools brushes I'm missing haha!! your friend is so sweet hehe

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are just gorgeous!

    I love korean stationary.

    Aww I love this! So gorgeous!

    I think you'll like my blog.

    Want to follow each other?

    http://sophlife.blogspot.com/

    Xox Soph.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay Hello Kitty stuff! What program did you friend use to teach in Korea? I'm planning on doing the TaLK program and teach rural kids in Korea english for half a year after I graduate! If she happens to have any Tony Moly stuff, I definitely recommend that you nab a few samples! I love their products.

    Ugh Hautelook and their damn shipping. And shipping isn't necessarily on the cheap side either. But the deal I found is definitely worth the money since I'm pretty sure I'll buy something cute from there soon. Shoes... my weakness.

    ReplyDelete