Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NYX Haul + Swatches Part II

I know this entry is long overdue, once again.. It was actually two separate hauls, but since I took forever posting the first one, I figured I might as well just combine them of them and do one BIG haul & swatch post.
 
Most of the items I ordered from Cherry Culture during their 40% off all NYX items sale. And knowing I am a HUGE NYX lover, I jumped right on that!!! And on top of that, if you're order is $40+, it's free shipping! I absolutely adore online deals! I took advantage of this deal by ordering things I wanted to try, but was kind of indecisive about because they were a little more pricier.

I'm not going to do any informative reviews on them just yet. I might do a separate REVIEW post on the foundation and matte powder later. For now, you can just enjoy the pictures, swatches, and quick thoughts! (⌒.⌒)
FOUNDATION POWDER
HD Studio Photogenic Foundation "Nude" --- NYX's most advanced foundation uses light-diffusing ingredients that render skin smooth, pore-less and flawless—even under most high-definition technology. This foundation is also infused with tri-peptides that promote collagen production, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help rejuvenate skin. Ideal makeup for everyday use, professional shoots or anytime you’re in the spotlight
Quick Thoughts: I'm a little bummed out this specific color is just a tad lighter than my actual skin tone, but setting it with a powder slightly darker totally evens it out! I love that this isn't too thick, but still creamy enough and gives me excellent coverage! I feel that it's a bit drying for my face, but as long as I remember to wear a good moisturizer underneath, I have no problems. It definitely does make my skin look look flawless and so smooth. It's also a lot more affordable than the higher end foundations.
Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation "Beige" --- Get the matte finish that features effortless, natural-looking hues to help you achieve a flawless complexion. It also comes with a sponge applicator in the bottom compartment of the compact.
Quick Thoughts: It certainly DOES give you a matte finish! I think this powder is a bit too dry to wear alone or for skin that's already super dry. But overall, I would re-purchase again and it's not my go to compact to set and touch up my face!

DOLLEYE MASCARA

(Waterproof)
This mascara uses a unique blend of natural oils,Vitamin E and nylon fibers to extend eyelashes to almost faux proportions. This is the waterproof version, but they also have one for voluminizing and lengthening.
Quick Thoughts: I like that it does lengthen and gives me an "okay" amount of volume, but for me, I find that it's quite clumpy. And I don't like the "rubbery" feeling it has once it dries. Its almost impossible to apply another coat evenly once it dries, because the "rubbery" texture makes it clump more and more. Maybe it's because this is the waterproof version. (╯.╰) But like I said, this is just my own opinion.

5-COLOR EYESHADOW PALETTES
Quick Thoughts: I think pigmentation is just "okay". Some of the colors REALLY need to be built up. I like the smoothness and silky texture of the shadows, but I do notice there's a lot of flakiness and fall outs.

BLUSHES BRONZERS
Powder Blush-"Mocha" --- This pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours.
Quick Thoughts: VERYYY pigmented! I'd suggest using it lightly unless you want to look clownish! Hehee.. Love the silky texture and color stays on all day!


HD Studio Photogenic Grinding Blush "Menage a Trois" --- This blush compact allows you to grind just enough mineral-enriched cheek color for one flawless application. The result is a finely-milled, high-definition blush that, once applied, deflects light, reduces the appearance of pores and smooths your complexion—making you camera-ready in no time. The rest of your product remains fresh and uncontaminated.
Quick Thoughts: This is my first "Grinding Blush" and I adore it! It grinds easily and applies on so smooth! It definitely gives my cheeks a flawless glow, which I love. This specific color reminds me a lot of NARS "Super Orgasm". It gives off a gorgeous gold shimmer with the peachy pink blush!

Bronzer/ Blusher Combo "Phi Phi Island" --- Each blush and bronzer pairing features flattering and natural-looking hues. When combines with versatile bronzing powders and blush, you achieve the impeccable Springtime and Summertime glimmer that will radiate a goddess shine.
Quick Thoughts: You DEFINITELY have to build up the color with this duo. But I think it's perfect for if you're looking for a subtle glow. If you don't like specks of gold glitter, you might want to try a different duo combo, because both the bronzer and blusher for "Phi Phi Island" have lots of it (too bad you can't really tell in the picture though..)!

JUMBO EYE PENCILS
"Yogurt" - "Milk" - "Iced Mocha" --- A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, This creamy eye pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues.
Quick Thoughts: I think these jumbo eye pencils would suck to use as eye shadow alone, but as a base, they are wonderful! ツ I think everyone's favorite base is "Milk" when working with bright, bold colors. It blends perfectly and incredibly smooth. I like using "Yogurt" for a subtle/ natural highlight to my lower waterline (rather than the typical shimmery white).

SUPER SKINNY MARKER
"Carbon Black" --- The micro-fine felt tip on this eye liner means you can use it for everything from filling in your eyelash line to a subtle cat-eye look. The eye marker application is smooth and the striking results are long-lasting and smudge-proof.
Quick Thoughts: My new favorite "skinny" eye liner! ツ Perfect for the thinnest lines or cat eye! My only complaint would be it's not "BLACK" enough, but that's something I could try to work with. I've had no problems with smudging whatsoever and love that it dries really fast.

LIPSTICKS LIP GLOSS
Round Lipsticks "Doll" - "Gardenia" --- This lipstick is the classic for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging.
Quick Thoughts: My favorite go-to lipsticks! I was disappointed that "Doll" and "Gardenia" basically the same color, the only real difference being "Gardenia" has more of a glossier finish, while "Doll" was more matte. In the picture, they look different, but in real life, the colors are extremely close.
Black Label Lipsticks "Citrine" - "Pumpkin Pie" --- A creamy, dreamy lipstick with a velvety smooth finish and hyper-glamorous shades for every look and every inclination. This lipstick has rich emollient properties that ensures the color glides on and hydrates your pout at the same time.
Quick Thoughts: I absolutely ADORE these lipsticks!! Love, love, love! The color pay off and pigmentation is AMAZING! The texture is so smooth and I don't find this lipstick drying at all. And for me the color really STAYS. I'm sofa-king in LOVE with "Pumpkin Pie"! It's such a gorgeous orangey-coral color with a hint of metallic gold when it shines! Beautiful! It has become my FAVORITE lipstick. And the "Citrine" is superrr bright!


Girls Round Lip Gloss "Doll Pink" --- Feels silky smooth, long lasting and the color in the bottle is the color on.
Quick Thoughts: A nice simple gloss without that "sticky" feeling! Nothing extraordinary, but the color comes out and subtle.

Sorry I wasn't more informative with this post. I'd much rather just share with you some quick opinions and some swatches for now.. But if you'd like for me to do a detailed post on a specific product, just let me know! Thanks for reading! I do hope this was still somewhat informative!

35 comments:

  1. Fabulous make up!
    Honestly, I have never heard that brand before,
    but it looks like a good make up.

    By the way, I stumbled across your blogfrom other blogger, that's how I found you.If you get a chance, visit my blog and maybe we could follow each other in GFC.http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the jumbo pencils & the liner - I have yet to own a NYX product (other than the pearly white eyeshadow base.. which has been long gone missing from my collection) The colours really are amazing :D The liner looks awesome too - is it waterproof? (i hate liners that are labelled black & aren't black.. it's like false advertising~) Can't wait for more indepth reviews on your NYX haul :D it looks awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good - the eye shadows to me look a bit bright colour wise [i'd never be tempted to wear any of those colours I will admtt] but they look a good range to try otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo loving your blog more and more! i like how professional the photos are now,gave me a very clear view of the products and their colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this post! i love reading about hauls and swatches! :D
    i've read about NYX palette being less pigmented than their singles. it seems that might be true.
    i love the doll shade on your lips. you have beautiful lips!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah NYX, how amazing you are.. I just put through an order at CC for the first time buying some NYX products but I didn't put any bronzer and and I'm sad now!! Next time~ I hate how ridiculous their shipping to Canada is though. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. those lipsticks look amazing, especially the pumpkin pie..mm i want that now haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love nyx cosmetics! Everything is good quality and affordable :)
    Great haul, now I know what to look for next time I go shopping !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul!  I was going to buy some NYX things during that sale but I decided that I spend too much money haha.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. You purchased some amazing products, great swatches/photos! I love NYX products too my favorite is the Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you take a picture with the ''doll'' gloss?~ that's a really lovely pink color *Q*

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your swatches on your lipsticks! Other than the Milk Jumbo eye pencil NYX's products are just "okay" kinda like ELF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i luv hauls~~~WOW so many NYX products, i was gonna buy smth from them when they had the 40% off deal, but then didnt cuz i couldnt figure out what i want..i luv the colour Citrine and the Lipgloss, recently ive being very into coral/oranges...despite the fact it just snowed here...but id wear any colour any time of the year...lol
    Great post~~~

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  14. great haul!!!! the blushes are beautiful. i love NYX blushes. the grinding blush looks so cool, i def wanna try it out. your reviews are great! i love the short & to the point reviews. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. The eyeliner is smudge-proof, but not waterproof. :/ I would have preferred it to be waterproof though! NYX products I think are typically a hit or miss. Haha, they are considered a "drugstore" brand, but I think some of their stuff has GREAT quality for such low prices. I wanted to try the white eyeshadow base! It must have been so good someone stole it, mm?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look bright here because I had to build the color up. :/ Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with the colors or the texture, so I feel like it's a waste.. But I have tried other NYX neutral eye shadow colors and they comes out quite wonderfully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, thanks, Allison! Hahaha, I actually made a DIY lightbox to take pictures of products in! I hate having an ugly background when taking these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YEA! Man, oh, man.. I was hoping they were wrong about the palettes, but it's become a regretful buy. :/ The singles are better in pigmentation and quality in my opinion.. And thank you! LOL, my lips are usually quite dry and chapped, but I've been keeping them more hydrated lately!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're bronzer is just "okay".. Well, the one that I have is. I haven't tried their other bronzers yet. You're gonna love the discounts you get from CC! :) But I did hear that their shipping for internationals is crazy. How much is it anyways????

    ReplyDelete
  20. :) Next time they have a deal/ sale going on, I'll get you one, babe! :D Since I order in bulk anyways. It can be like a Happy 2012 early/ late birthday present! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love NYX too!! But I do get worried about trying new things from them. It's usually a hit or miss for me. You should try the Black Label lipsticks! Loveeeee them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL, me too! I've band myself from buying anything makeup until 2012 and that's only if I really NEEEED it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hehee, Milk is everyone's favorite! It's such a great base and soooo blendable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to! ): Grrr.. totally regretting it now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha, I love NYX, but I'll admit a lot of their products are pretty big hits or misses for me. I usually stick to what I already know and love, but if there's some sort of amazing deal/ sale going on, I'll try something new. I think majority of their products however are much better in quality than ELF. Overtime, I've come across some wonderful products that work just as good or even better than the high end stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Jess! I am now banning myself from purchasing any more makeup related stuff unless I run out or really need it. NYX isn't expensive, but still, things add up! The citrine is superrr bright. Kinda wish I didn't use it, then I would have sent it to ya, it's nice, but I'm not one to wear colors THAT bright. :/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, you should!! I absolutely ADORE this grinding blush!!! But I wouldn't have gotten it without the 40% sale, because they retail at around $17! Hahaa, that's too pricey for me unless it's an actual higher end brand/ product.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's considered a "drugstore" brand, but some of their stuff are high in quality. I've visited your blog! You and your son are so cute! Very sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great haul and review! :)
    I agree with you on NYX eyeshadow, the pigmentation isn't the best. Have you tried the NYX matte lip creams? They are the best I did a post on it last night if you want to read it.

    XOXO Terri
    http://maichouterrimoua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG citrine is such a gorgeous lip color i need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lol, its super bright! I like it, but I don't see myself wearing it too often.. ):

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whoaaaa super haul! Thanks for the reviews though! I want to try one of their blushes now! =DD I really hate it when I purchase a product and I hate it AND I can't return it! Which is probably why I love Sephora but downfall is of course they only sell more higher brand make up and no NYX >< I have one of their lipsticks and I think you have it too, Strawberry Milkshake! But it falls into my fine lines soooo easily, makes me look 100yrs+!!! >< Oh and I think I've developed an allergic reaction to mac lipglosses OMG nooo I love them!

    Im really loving that doll lipsticks! Im way too chicken to try corals and oranges but I know they look great on you! I personally like this kind of quick review, sometimes I just want to know if the product worked or not instead of reading the entire ingredient list >< Hope you're doing well sweetie and having fun with your canon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. dang girl, LOVE the swatches you do! nice quality and looks great :D I especially love the pumpkin pie and doll lipsticks!! soooooo cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love how great you are able to make the photos on your blog look so talented and I am so jealous :p I love the colours on the 5 colour eyeshadow palette and the lipsticks :) Xx

    P.s. I hope my comments are showing up been having some trouble commenting on your blog I keep getting a message pop up saying you must Ben approved by the moderator to be seen here and then my comment disappears or another message saying you must have a valid email :s not sure if that is Normal :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. i loved your haul!

    basementhreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete