Sunday, September 25, 2011

2-Quick Tips & NOTD

THANK YOU GIRLS, for the wonderful comments on my previous tattoo entry! I'm glad I can share my story here without being judged or looked down on. Thank you, thank you! You girls have made my year!<3
Save the cut pieces
from your false lashes! 
First of all, if your a girl that likes to wear falsies often, GET A LASH CASE! I get mine from Daiso for $1.50. It's so small & convenient to carry it around with you. I also keep a mini glue in there just in case. Anyways, you know when you get a pair of lashes and sometimes they're a bit too long for your eyes? What do you know? You cut the ends and throw it away. Well, most people do anyways. I like to keep them in a little lash case so I may use them in the future. 

For what, you ask? I like to use them at the ends of lower lashes or to create an accent at the ends of your upper lashes! :D I can trim longer pieces and I definitely wouldn't wear these casually, but I would definitely rock them for a night out on the town! If you ever lost the other half of the lash pair and absolutely cannot find them, don't throw it away! Cut it in half and toss it in here. That's what I did for the dramatic makeup pictures in the header banner above. 
NOTE: I have two 10 pairs/per box of the falsies you see in the blue lash case and will be doing a short little review with pictures AND will be adding the second box of lashes (with lots more other prizes) toward my 100th follow of blogger buddies giveaway! :D I'm veryyy excited to put it together and share it with you guys! YAYYY! 

Seal your bling, blings! 
Whether you have cheap or expensive bling with any time of jewels, rhinestones, gems, etc., be sure to seal it up! I don't know HOW MANY times I've lost little stones on my jewelry pieces. It's so annoying! It looks so tacky and I don't want to wear it, no matter how much I liked it before. I learned this trick from a friend a while back ago and now do this to all my rhinestone bling. Just take any top coat nail polish and give it a few swipes around the whole piece and... TADA! Your bling is SHINIER and a lot more secure than it was before. I've used this trick for a while now and ZERO diamond falls out (on the cheap or the REAL stuff)! Oo, how it shines! :D 
  • Sally Hansen-Diamond Strength 
  • Seche Vite 
  • Sally Hansen-Hard as Nails 
NOTD:
Hello Kitty Inspired
The color is more hot baby pink (if that made any sense) than it is coral and the glitter has a lot more colors of light reflecting than in these pictures. I used swarovski element rhinestones (which ALSO has a lot more sparkle in reality) as little accents and give it that 3-D look. 
  • Seche Clear Base Coat Polish ($8)
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dry  "16-Blush Rush" ($4)
  • Sinful Colors "830-Pinky Glitter" ($2)
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dry "02-Whirlwind White" ($4)
  • Sally Hansen X-treme Wear "13-Celeb City" ($2)
  • Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen "Black" ($5)
  • Seche Vite Top Coat ($8)
  • Swarovski Elements 24pcs. ($3)
I just realized 80% of everything nail related thing I have is Sally Hansen. I wonder.. Is that the same Sally that owns the Sally's Beauty  Supply stores?! 

15 comments:

  1. I need an eyelash case so bad, have been using a little cardboard box for years but its fallen to bits. I do that to my jewelry too! I love your nails, I'm so bad at doing nail art.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I totally need a lash case, mine are falling on the floor and everything D: My local Daiso doesn't have any either! (or any that I've seen)

    Anyways your nails are sooo cute, I love hellokitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, I save all the trimmed eye lash pieces too. Great suggestion on using them on the lower lash line. I normally just use them at the top corner like singles to add a tiny oomph.

    Using clear nail polish varnish to seal in your bedazzled goodies is such a great tip! Holy crap I hate it when my ghetto fabulous rhinestone goodies loses a stone. >=/

    Super cute nails by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I've been throwing away the end pieces that I cut but i'll definitely start saving them. And i love your nails! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lash cases!!! I've totally given up on false lashes hahaha Im horrible at putting them on, though I know practice makes perfect ><

    BTW! I didn't get a chance to respond to your tattoo post! You update like crazy girl and I love it! =D (can't say the same for myself though T_T) I think your story is amazing, warming and touching, not to mention it just shows what it takes to overcome sickness! The tattoo itself is gorgy!!! hahahaha and I don't think it's too much skin! You're one hot mama! I've always wanted to get a tatto but I just feel like the time isn't right right now, but when it is I'll just know and then I'll just do it. (surprise hunni!)

    I put polish over my bling too! But I often forget T_T Omg I love seche vite! It's the only top coat I use now, I really can't sit still for long when I do my nails lol

    Yay to simulation games! Which ones are your favs? Im always on the look out for more games, which I really shouldn't be hahaha Awww thanks for the encouragement btw of the suki corner posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you as obsessed with Hello Kitty as I am? I drive my bf nuts with that too lol Love the nails! I have short eyelashes so I bought some falsies and tried em...total fail..seriously I had no idea how to put them on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol you are soo cuteee about the sally hansen and sally beauty supply =P i wonder as well hehe.. btwww i do that to my cheap jeweleries as well!!!(i dont have expensive jeweleries haha) but i've NEVER heard about saving the bits of lashes that we cut out.. that is soo clever!!!! =D.... I'm a newbie to false lashes soo im glad you will be giving away some falsies in the futureee! i really hope i can at least win the falsies so I can practice rather than buying the one pairs and get them broken form trying too much lol!! maybe do a post/tutorial on how to put of lashes on? like the angel and stuff =S i think its sooo hardd!! but then again ive never tried putting them on =P

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the idea, though I rarely put on eyelashes. I had a bad experience..lolz.

    btw, don't forget to join my CIRCLE LENS GIVEAWAY , thank you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your false eyelash and jewellery tip! Those nails look amazing Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Tips! ♥

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these two tips there just great ! i like that you shared your tattoo story and didn't care what others said about you or would think. it takes a very strong and confident person to do that. i love your blog and you've inspired me to start one of my own. i would love if you would check it out if you had the time !

    http://lookrichshopthrift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the same way, if a gem falls off a piece of jewelry I don't want to wear it or it will annoy me even if it's not noticeable. Great tip about applying the nail polish top coat, I'll have to try that.

    Cute nails as well! Just about love HK so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need an eyelash case too and wee for Daiso. I'll look for some in Daiso soon. My lashes are stored in their individual boxes and these really take up space.

    I do the same as what you do to the cut off parts too. I keep them! They're totally useful little things.

    Thanx for the tip on painting clear polish over the gems. I agree with you that even when a tiny little gem comes off, I would be so bummed and would not use that hair clip or accessory anymore.

    That's some talent you have painting Hello Kitty on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these tips are pretty helpful for me!! thanks for sharing hun.
    btw, thanks for the sweet notes and appreciation. mmuaah love you jen!
    stay safe for your baby!
    eat well ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE HELLO KITTY <3

    http://www.norabrownsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete