Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Natural Falsies, OOTD, & the Fair!

*(Bats Eyelashes) Do you like?!* 
Ever since I learned to put on false lashes, they became my new best friends in the world of makeup. But I'm not the type of girl to pay $15+ (like the Dolly Wink lashes) or even $5 one just ONE PAIR of falsies! You kidding me?! That's just straight up ree-donku-lous! I'll buy single or double pairs at Daiso for $1.50 (and they have a variety of choices and the bands on the lashes are thick and made specifically for ASIAN eyes). I even browse through EBay and come across some awesome deals with one pack of 10 pairs of lashes! 

These above I got TWO boxes (10 pairs each) for only $1.50 each, free shipping! And it actually came pretty quick too! :D Thank you, China! These are the lashes I will be adding to my soon to come giveaway prize!  What I love about these is that I consider them to be dramatically natural. Yes, I said DRAMATICALLY NATURAL. If you look at them, I think you'll get what I mean. 

I decided to write down a few easy, simple tips for those of you that are very new to putting on falsies. I think it's pointless to do a whole tutorial since I think the basics are common sense. But there ARE a few things you should remember: 
  • Measure and decide before hand where you are going to place the lashes. 
  • After applying the glue along the strip of the lash band, wait 30 seconds for the glue to get tacky. It will stick faster, when the glue is wet, it's more prone to moving around and you'll have a gooey mess on above your real lashes. 
  • While the glue is drying, I'd gently stroke the falsies upwards where it curls. 
  • Wait 30 more seconds for glue to completely dry before you start blinking like crazy or using your eyelash curler to mesh it with your real lashes. 
I'm not expert by any means, but I have been wearing false lashes for a very long time now, so I know thing or two about it. It's really quite simple and eventually anyone would love what these bad girls do for your eyes! :D 
Outfit of the Day
Double Date at the Puyallup Fair
09.25.2011
We (myself, hubs, Cee, & Alex) decided to double date it to the last day of the fair. Me being pregnant has taken a toll on my wardrobe. Oh man, oh man.. I can NEVER find anything to wear. I feel so huge and nothing fits! I know you can't tell in this picture, but my belly sure was popping! My girlfriend thought it was so cute and kept rubbing it. Hehehe.. 

I had stopped by Tarjay a few days ago and picked up this cute Liz Lange Maternity cardigan. The pants are my absolute favorite stretchy pants/leggings from Jolt (they look like pants with pockets in the front and back). I knew there was going to be a lot of walking, so my Steve Madden Tyller Slouch Suede boots came in handy! Cute and comfy! :) A motto we women want to live by while we're pregnant. Comfort is a definite MUST. 

My Sunday Funday!

Rarely are my Sunday ever busy or filled with nonstop activity, but the 25th sure was! Started off with Sunday lunch/dinner with the in-laws at Super Buffet in Dupont, WA and then the D.D at the Puyallup fair! Of course I got my traditional fair goodies before we left: a dozen scones, elephant ears, & cotton candy. A bit sad that I didn't get my usual caramel apple or cow chip cookies, but it's okay. I don't need ALL that sugar. I'm even MORE bummed I didn't get to take too many pictures!! ): Here's the few I DO have.. 

This was ONLY round one.. LOL, I think I finished off 3 more plates!


My first prize of the day! Thanks, baby! :)

The funnies woman I know, the bestie, Cee! <3




Mine (The "Oh so normal" photo)


Cee's (Sneaky, sneaky boys!)




YES, I finally got her! Thanks, Alex for HK!
My My Melody isn't lonely anymore!


I know, right? EWWW...


My hunny bear!<3


The last ride of the night! It was so beautiful up there!



So that was pretty much my Sunday! It was relaxing, fun, and I'm so glad we decided to go. I needed a good day like that quite badly. It's rare that my Sunday are filled with so much activity!
Thanks for reading! :D

17 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!
    You have a really gorgeous blog <3

    Will you check out mine? ;)

    fashionista-marika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That deal on lashes is amazing! Gotta love ebay. Thanks girl for your comment :) consider you my friend as we always comment on eachother and chat on here haha. Your outfit is great. Deep fried butter? That is random. You and your husband look so sweet :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says pregnant women can't be stylish. you're looking fabulous as always! And that food omg yummmm!And deep fried butter, wtf? That's a heart attack waiting to happen. Love the HK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha looks like you had loads of fun and that food looks so lush - i'm getting hungry just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely in love with lashes too! I don't understand why people spend sooo much on a pair of lashes when you can just get them off ebay for less than $2 a pack! I love ebay lashes!!!
    All the ones I have at home are from ebay hehehhee.
    The photo of you and your boy on the ride is the cutest~!!!! Aww I'm so jealous of your new toys :( Haha My hello kitty is lonely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww your outfit was too cute! Loving the baby bump girl. I'm with you girl on the falsies. I will only buy them in bulk LOL no way am I paying over $5 for one pair unless it's for a special occasion or something. I get mine from model21 lashes online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your outfit was so nice !!and i love the false eyelashes, they suit you =)

    http://vivaglam1008.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!..Love that falsie..Cute outfit you have there hun..Looks like your having so much fun..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still looking chic there!!.. Thanks for the pointer on how to wear falsies!.. I really need to learn LOL... good thing my mascara kinda makes mine look like mini falsies :D

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look beautiful with the falsies xD~ I still have to learn how to attach it properly though.hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those eyelashes look beautiful
    I love your outfit :)
    Cute pictures of the fair Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're such a pretty preggy!!!
    love your cuute face..
    and i'm glad you're enjoying!
    such a happy pregnancy!!
    i'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lashes look very pretty on you & I love your outfit it's very cute! I haven't been to a fair in a while :/ looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's right you are totally looking super cute !! and I love that you are still rockn' a cute outfit with your cute belly... I remember when I was preggers I was totally like you...... I still wanted to look super Cute
    You are so pretty hun,
    I wanted to say thanks because you are such a positive person and I appreciate you kind comments and feedback on my blog...!!

    Blessings to you girlie and I hope you are enjoying and having fun being pregnant ...oh wait "you are having fun !! those pictures above are so much fun!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us !!


    xoxo Lizzie


    http://glamstyln.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the lashes, and I agree with you.. I also don't want to spend 15 dollar on two eyelashes for example..
    Cool outfit btw! ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The prizes you had were so cute! Prizes are mostly lame where I go!

    seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete