Monday, September 19, 2011

Why should I "follow back" uninteresting liars?

Before I go on my short little rant, I'd like to say thank you to all those have left such sweet comments on my previous post!!! I'm glad some of you girls can relate & I appreciate everyone who had taken the time to leave such supporting words. :D THANK YOU!! - XoXo

When people say something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the post they are commenting on. Then they tell you they are now following you and ask for you to return the "favor".

Okay.. So that (above) doesn't bother me. I am MORE than happy to follow back. In fact, anytime I see a new follower on my list, I ALWAYS follow back. I appreciate anyone that actually takes the time to read/ follow & that's the least I could do.

What's ANNOYING is when they aren't actually following you, but expect you to return the "favor". Ummmm.. What "favor" did you want me to return exactly?

1. You aren't even following me in the first place.
2. Your blog doesn't discuss anything that is interesting enough for me to follow for pleasure.

I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but I think it's rude to LIE just so you can up your followers count.

I DO NOT expect people to always follow me back. But I DO expect them to be HONEST. Don't say you are if you aren't. I cannot stand liars no matter how big or small it is. A lie is a lie. It's not necessary so why do it?

Before you get all "I can't believe you're getting so worked up over this.." I'm not. This is nothing for me to get angry OR worked up about. I'm annoyed. This is MY blog & I can share anything I feel. And I KNOW a lot of you bloggers can relate.

I'm not trying to be a famous blogger or anything like that. I write whatever I feel, whenever I feel.

I just don't like LIARS & people using people to look "popular". Get the fuck out of here with that!

I appreciate all the followers that I do have & the ones that read what I have to say.

What I love about Blogger is that everyone is so supportive & I feel like I'm making new friends too! :) Plus it's nice to get feedback from strangers because they aren't obligated to be nice to you, just honest.

Anyways.. Hope everyone has fantabulous dayyyyyyy!!! I'm outro! ^_______^v

18 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean! I hate when that happens to me too. Anyways, love the pic. You look amazing, mama! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I never get the the 'follow me back' comments but I see them enough and wonder how the blog author usually feel about them. lol now I know. You look fab in your picture by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand u!! i hate it when that happens to me as well... like soo wat if u have tons of followers, whoo caresss!! as long as you get to share what you want and make posts that can be informative to others than that's good enough! you know what i hate even more!??! FAKE giveaway results!! like people granting those with high follower counts as the winner just so they help them promote thier blog and i can see its fake when they use random.org because the "generate" is no highlighted usually to have the generator generate a random # u will have to click the "generate" button and it will be highlighted.. grrrrr i think im confusing you? sryy just trying to rant here but its hard to explain =[ anywaysssssss can't wait to see more posts from u =]

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you hun..I always get that kind of comment..Only send me comment ask me to follow their blog without comment on about my post..

    You look gorgeous mama..Stay healthy..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, this post just made me want to follow you LOL Kudos for you for speaking your mind! =D I honestly think that this is an "issue" that many bloggers deal with!

    Btw you are one hot mom!!!! Oh and I read your previous post and I think it is rude when people think they can be so opinionated thoughtlessly!!! Geezzz, I'll be straight up, I wanna boy when I have a baby. Yup. Said it. LOL But seriously, you need to tell us how you stay so hot and fab while pregnant! =D Oh and yes, every mum deserves new boobs, lipo, anything to make herself feel better =D (though boobs are also on my list personally hahahahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the same thing and I don't even have that many followers lol I don't even care about my count. My blog is basically to share my thoughts and ideas about what I'm interested in and if they don't like it they can gtf off my page. Screw all the fake bitches and stay beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really annoys me when people aren't following and leave a comment on a blog about the pics and obvs havn't read a thing, then they say to check out their blog. Sometimes they won't say a thing about my blog theyl just say to check out theirs.. I'm more likely to check out someones blog if they havn't told me to. I'm glad you had this rant and that other people feel the same way!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand what your saying, what also bugs me is those people that have the odd 1000s of followers or they post daily and you make a point of saying something on their posts because they are interesting but they never ever reply or post on your own blog, I mean I don't blog or comment for the sake or getting a comment back but it would just be nice every once in a while!

    Oh I feel better for that rant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank's Jen :), Aww but you get a gorgeous baby boy to make up for it though :). I know, I just ignore people like that now, they'll realise one day that blogging isn't a competition, it doesn't matter how many followers someone has, as long as they're passionate and it makes them happy.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol i love following my followers but i have noticed some people post their link asking to be followed...and there not even following me I thought it was just me lol

    btw check out my blog I gave you an award :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean I have felt the same way it is very annoying :/ I hate when I get a comment that has NOTHING to do with my blog post. I don't like telling people what to do so it's weird when someones tells me "Make sure to follow me!"

    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I share the same sentiments I have just a few followers and I am quite contented. I would rather have 50 dedicated genuine readers who actually care about the content of my blog rather than 500 who are just there to get more followers.

    Love how you keep it real

    xo
    Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, thank you so much for your sweet words. I love your blog!
    And you are absolutely RIGHT about everything written here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tagged you in a kreativ Blogger award love, anddd someone commented on my blog the other day saying 'want to follow eachother?' I was going to angrily post her saying, 'if you enjoy my blog, then follow, if not, don't bother, I don't want you to follow just to get another follower, it's low' but then I thought what's the point so have just ignored it, I don't see why people should care how many followers they have. Gerr, but yeah tagged you :) hope you and baby bump are okay :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I passed an award to you, you can check it out on my page! Oh, I got a comment from someone today on my Garnier Review and she was like Oh does it work?? And on my post..I did write that it worked, so today I'm just like wtf don't you read! and it made think of this rant post, I was just so annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jen,
    I am very new to blogging, I saw yours from Lana Indiana, who I follow because of youtube, anyway I wanted to say that I loved reading your blog, it's so honest and refreshing, the same thing happens to me in youtube, sub back, but they don't sub in the first place! I thought I was weird for getting annoyed about it, glad to know I'm not the only one. After reading a few of your posts I knew I immediately needed to follow. Please keep telling it how it is.
    Sincerely Jen (too)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agree! Following your blog because I'm genuinely interested (:

    ReplyDelete