Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering the 9/11 tragedy..

Ten years ago today, I was late as usual getting to my art class. My teacher didn't seem to notice anything going on around her and she had a very somber face. I sat quietly in my assigned while she turned on the television. It didn't REALLY hit me, until I saw that the class that was usually loud and obnoxious were ALL quiet with looks of genuine concern. A few were crying with friends patting their backs, but everyone's focus was on the TV. It was an event that will never be forgotten. I believe EVERYONE remembers exactly where and what they were doing when the news spread across the world. So many innocent people died on this day, and so many more have died fighting to prevent this from happening again. It's because of the ones fighting for this country, we are ALL able to live in freedom. My prayers are with those who are still fighting right now. My heart goes out to all those that have lost a friend or family member involved. Thank you for those who fight for us. You made make our future and TODAY possible.

4 comments:

  1. I remember I woke up to get ready for school when this was plastered all over the news. I was actually scared to go to school & asked my mom if I could stay home so we could watch the news together.

    It's so heartbreaking & it still haunts me till this day :( Our soldiers do give us our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tender thoughts for that day myself. Cute pics ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwe! you are so nice and those pics are lovely.... thanks for sharing!!


    I know you love makeup like I do ... Check my makeup page on Facebook
    Press LIKE if you Love makeup!

    https://www.facebook.com/Glamstyln

    ReplyDelete